Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Being a Mom




It's still hard for me to believe that yes, I am a Mom. Becoming a mom has been one of the most amazing milestones of my life. Motherhood is everything I imagined it would be and everything I didn't imagine it would be. My most recent favorite moments are those moments where I walk by Addison's room, only to hearing her singing her own sweet little song either while waking up or going to sleep. Her sweet innocent voice always brings a smile to my face. Even though there has been rough patches along the way, nothing is more rewarding then the big smiles that she gives to all those around.

As I prepare to go back to school a part of me feels really sad. I have spent the past 5 months with Addison, almost becoming "one" with her...spending almost every minute of the day with her. I'm not at all worried about Addison. She loves other children and I know she will make lots of new friends. I am more worried about myself. I have no idea what condition I am going to be the first day I go back and have to drop Addison off, though I look forward to the moment I pick her up.

2 comments:

Alisha Harris said...

the new picture you put at the top i couldn't figure out what was on top of addisons head haha but im guessing it was a plant!! You are a great mom, and I am sure addison will be a great little girl for her new daycare! she will fit right in

Sadler Family said...

That's funny...thanks for the encouraging words