Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Perfect Mother's Day




Today was an exciting day for me and my family. Paul and I woke up this morning, got ready for church, and then began the process of getting Addison ready. This typically is an easy task but today was different. Addison started the morning with the cutest dress (flown in from England, from her MiMi), after spitting up on the dress she was changed into another cute dress only to spit up on it as well. We don't usually have trouble with her spitting up, but like I said, today was different. Today Addison was being dedicated at church and we wanted everything to be perfect. We had so many family and friends coming to celebrate this event with us. Needless to say, we made it to church on time and everything was perfect. The dedication part was quick and to the point, but it was the message that kept me thinking all day. The pastor talked about "leaving a legacy". I thought about the values that I want Addison to be raised with and the important part I play in the way she "turns out". The week leading up to her dedication I kept hearing this song on the radio by Phillips Craig and Dean...

Lord, I want to be just like You
'Cause he wants to be just like me
I want to be a holy example
For his innocent eyes to see
Help me be a living Bible, Lord
That my little boy can read
I want to be just like You
'Cause he wants to be like me

Wow! Paul and I have an important role! Pray for our family as we grow together and pray that Paul and I raise Addison to love Jesus and to trust him in her life.

I received the most perfect gifts for Mother's Day. They were so thoughtful. I got a Willow Tree of a mother and baby (which I collect), a book written by mothers, and a large bag of 3 Musketeers. I have a new appreciation for Mother's Day and I just want to thank my moms for raising me and leaving a legacy on my life.

No comments: