Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Potty Training

So, we decided to go ahead and start potty training Addison.  I was going to have 2 weeks to dedicate to properly training her.  I did a ton of research and talked to a lot of people.  My goal was to make this a fun learning experience for her.  I decided to stay the 1st day at home and let Addison run around in a shirt and undies.  She was so excited about her Dora undies.  She did very well the 1st day.  She used the potty 3 times and only had 3 accidents.  I made a big deal of NOT peeing on Dora.  Her first accident she ran to me "telling-on" Dora.  She kept saying, "Dora, pee pee".  She was completely grossed out by this learning process.  It upset her everytime she had an accident.  Day 2 was wonderful.  She had an accident early in the morning and that was it!  It was been just over a week since we started training Addison and she has only had 1 accident.  We are so proud of our little girl! 

No comments: