Tuesday, April 1, 2008

4 weeks old!


Wow! The time has flown by. I feel like It was just yesterday that I was posting about how I couldn't wait for her to be here, and I have now had her 4 weeks. I never thought it was going to be easy, but I never thought it was going to be this hard. I have really grown through this process. The first 2 weeks were really hard for Paul and I. She wasn't sleeping at night and she was crying a lot. There were nights where Paul and I cried with her because we didn't know what to do. I even remember Paul saying one night, "Are we going to be able to do this?". The only thing I could think was, we really don't have a choice. It was definitely a time where praying for patience was all we could do. God had definitely provided us with the patience needed to raise Addison. The past 2 weeks have been wonderful. Addison is starting to get on a schedule and we are beginning to understand her different cries. Today was the first day that Addison has slept on her own verses me holding her the whole time (hence why I am able to update my blog). She is beginning to make cute noises, her facial expressions are priceless, and she is observing her surroundings. Even though our life has change drastically, it is hard to remember what our life was before her. We anticipate the little things now. I can't wait till she laughs. She smiles now and has the cutest dimples.

I want to thank all my family and friends who have helped and encouraged us through these weeks. It really does take a "village" to raise a child.

Paul, Amanda, and Addison

2 comments:

The Coleman Family said...

Paul and Amanda,

The first 6-8 weeks with Judson were really hard. Matt and I talked about how no one tol us how rough it was going to be. I can honestly say we didn't feel that way with the 2nd or the 3rd...so I think it is a 1st time parent thing...we're praying for you and can so relate to how you are feeling! love,kim

The Kents said...

It sounds like you're normal parents! I cried many times with Zak. One night I was so exhausted and he wouldn't stop crying and I lay on the bed with him screaming in the bassinet and all of a sudden I woke up and all was quiet! I couldn't believe I fell asleep while he was screaming! Keep doing what you're doing and keep the tears flowing. It really helps sometimes just to cry along!