Friday, March 7, 2008

So...here's the story...


Paul and I had our doctors Appointment Monday morning. We were so excited when we finally had the date scheduled for our induction. Paul had to work that day so we went to Arby's for lunch. Well throughout the day my stomach was turning and I thought I had a bad Arby's sandwich. I kept calling Paul throughout the day to see how he was feeling. I thought I was going crazy. The cramping continued throughout the day. For some reason I decided to start timing them. It was very inconsistent, but became more consistent around 7:00pm. I was timing them at 7 minutes apart. I still thought it wasn't a big deal. We stopped timing them because nothing was really changing. We tried to go to bed but that was impossible. Around 11:00pm my contractions were coming 5 minutes apart. We called the doctors and made our way to the hospital. By the time we reached the hospital my contractions were 2 minutes apart and I was already 5cm. dilated. After getting my epidural and having my water broken Addison's heart rate was plunging with every contraction. Before I knew it there were several specialty doctors in my room, monitors hooked up everywhere, it was very scary! We finally made the decision to have the C-section for the safety of Addison. She was born shortly later...and our life hasn't been the same. We are so excited about our new "journey".

2 comments:

James & Diane said...

Congrats! She is very pretty! We look forward to meeting her! Keep the pictures coming!

The Kents said...

Addison is so beautiful! She is so lucky to have you two as parents. Her life will be so wonderful! Enjoy every moment, even the crazy sleepless ones. I can't wait to see more pictures!

Love,

Sherri